Biplane Rides Over Atlanta
770-457-5757

Aircraft

Waco

Waco1

The Weaver Aircraft Company was founded in 1920 by George "Buck" Weaver, E.J. "Sam" Junkin, and Clayton Brukner. The trade name Waco (rhymes with taco) was coined from the title letters of Weaver Aircraft Co. Originally located in Lorain, Ohio, the company later moved to Troy, Ohio, drawn by the concentration of aviation related businesses that had sprung up around nearby Dayton, home of the Wright Brothers. The first Waco YMF rolled out of the Waco factory at Troy Ohio in early 1935. In late 1942, Waco ceased production of powered airplanes.

Waco2

In 1983 the founders of Classic Aircraft Corporation envisioned their childhood dreams coming true with the reincarnation of the Waco YMF Biplane. In the history of aviation, no company had ever taken a fifty year old design and manufactured it new under the original FAA type certificate. To accomplish this mission they hired experienced aeronautical engineers to re- draw over 1400 drawings and build new tooling for production. This was done while maintaining the sanctity of WACO.S original design. The WACO YMF is not a .rebuild. or a .kit plane., but a brand new FAA certified production aircraft.

The first new production WACO YMF Classic rolled off the assembly line and received FAA certification under the original WACO type certificate in March of 1986. Today.s production aircraft has been greeted with overwhelming enthusiasm for its craftsmanship and the sheer joy brought to so many by making the thrill of flying in an .open-cockpit. biplane a reality. Waco3

The first new production WACO YMF Classic rolled off the assembly line and received FAA certification under the original WACO type certificate in March of 1986. Today's production aircraft has been greeted with overwhelming enthusiasm for its craftsmanship and the sheer joy brought to so many by making the thrillof flying in an open-cockpit biplane a reality.

Waco YMF-F5C
Engine: Jacobs R755 (275 HP)
Cruise Soeed: 115 MPH
Stall Speed: 59 MPH
Empty Weight: 1985 LBS Gross
Weight:2950 LBS
Wing Span: 30 Feet

New Standard D25

New Standard D25

The 1929 New Standard aircraft was conceived and built to fill the need of a 1920's barnstorming group, the Gates Flying Circus. They needed an aircraft capable of carrying passengers from farmer's fields. The New Standard D-25 filled the need perfectly. lts unusually large size allowed the New Standard to carry 4 passengers in the front cockpit with the pilot in the rear cockpit.

New Standard D25
Engine: Wright J-5 (220 HP)
Cruise Speed: 95 MPH
Stall Speed: 37 MPH
Empty Weight: 2010LBS
Gross Weight:3400 LBS
Wing Span: 45 Feet

AT-5 "Texan"

T6 Texan

The North American AT-6 "Texan" is powered by a big supercharged 600 H.P. Pratt & Whitney radial engine and was used to train future fighter pilots in the 1940's and is still raced today at the Reno Air Races.

The T-6, a two-place advanced trainer, was the classroom for most of the Allied pilots who flew in World War II. Called the SNJ by the Navy and the Harvard by the Royal Air Force, the T-6 was designed as a transition trainer between basic trainers and first-line tactical aircraft.

In all, the T-6 trained several hundred thousand pilots in 34 different countries. A total of 15,495 were built. Though most famous as a trainer, the T-6 also won honors in World War II and the early days of the Korean War.

The Texan evolved from North American Aviation's "BC-1" basic combat trainer, which was first produced for the U.S. Army Air Corps with fixed landing gear in 1937 under a contract that called for 174 planes. It was designed by North American Aviation as a low-cost trainer with all the characteristics of a high-speed fighter. Although not as fast as a fighter, it was easy to maintain and repair, had more maneuverability and was easier for a new cadet to handle. A pilot's airplane, it could roll, immelmann, loop, spin, snap and vertical roll. It was designed to give the best possible training in all types of tactics, from ground strafing to bombardment and aerial dogfighting, and contained such versatile equipment as bomb racks, blind flying instrumentation, standard cameras, both fixed and flexible guns, and just about every other device that military pilots had to operate.

Engine: Pratt & Whitney R1340 (500 HP)
Cruise Speed: 145 MPH
Empty Weight: 3900 LBS
Gross Weight: 5599 LBS
Wing Span: 42 Feet

Robinson R-44 Helicopter

The Robinson R44 is a four-seat light helicopter produced by Robinson Helicopter Company since 1992. Based on the company's two-seat Robinson R22, the R44 features hydraulically assisted flight controls. It was first flown on 31 March 1990 and received FAA certification in December 1992, with the first delivery in February 1993. The R44 has been the world's best-selling general aviation (GA) helicopter every year since 1999.

Helicopter

Airport Location

Flight Operations

The 57th Fighter Group Restaurant

3829 Clairmont Road

Atlanta, GA 30341

Office and Mailing Address

Biplane Rides Over Atlanta, Inc.

2000 Airport Road Suite 106